St Mark's Council, Kitchener ON
Meeting Summary – March 24, 2015
March 25, 2015Posted by on
Knights of Columbus
SPECIAL MEETING SUMMARY
March 24th, 2015
Dinner: 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
Mass: 7:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Benediction and Holy Hour: 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Tonight we had a special social meeting and spiritual retreat to which all members of the Parish were invited. It was particularly held as an adjunct to a dinner attended by the Knights. Approximately 18 Knights attended the dinner and we were joined by about double that number for the Benediction after Mass. We were joined by Vincent Longo, insurance representative for our area.
The dinner consisted of chili and kaiser buns with coffee and water for refreshment. The dinner was accompanied by strawberry yoghurt ice cream.
Following the Mass, Father Don delivered an interesting and thought provoking reflection on the Passion, focusing on the trial of Jesus. This was followed by a short period Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, and then by Benediction.
Parts of the message include:
- We are not recalling the past when we celebrate the Triduum. We are re-living the events of Jesus’ passion just as the Jews relive the Passover.
- The choices made by the religious and political leaders of the time were between their conscience and the way of the world. They did not choose to listen to their conscience; instead they chose to listen to voice of the world.
- The bad choices that people made were made in the night. Judas met the Sanhedrin at night to make his deal for thirty pieces of silver. The Sanhedrin held Jesus’ trial at night.
- It seems that it is easier to ignore your conscience at night.
- Pontius Pilate had chances to do the right thing, up until he chose to listen to the people instead of his conscience. At that point Jesus had nothing more to say to him.
- There were those who made Jesus’ last hours easier. All the women at the cross were named Mary. All holy women are Mary.
I can’t do Fr. Don’s homily justice but this covers the main points.
Following the homily we were given the opportunity to reflect on the passion and what it means to us. We read the Passion according to St. John.
Fr. Don and Deacon Basil then completed the benediction and we concluded with hymns.
We would like to thank all those who participated; particularly John Deneau and Linda for preparing the chili, Michael Serres for obtaining buns, Paul Enticott for his reading of the Passion and of course Fr. Don and Deacon Basil for their thoughtful leadership of the benediction. I am sure many more helped out who I have forgotten.
Summary prepared by:
Recording Secretary, PGK
Comments are closed.